How to get to the Gili islands
FAST BOATS TO THE GILI ISLANDS
The Gili islands just got closer with currently a selection of recommended daily fast boat services operating between the islands of Bali, ( Benoa, Serangan, Sanur and Padang Bai ports ) to Nusa Lembongan, Gili Trawangan, Gili Air and Lombok.
Please note that Paradise Islands Travel only recommends boats that have
full international safety standards, have fully accredited captains and english speaking crew,and carry full passenger insurance, all boats have restaurant facilities at check in.
Also please be informed there will be no pick up / drop off services provided on the
Gili Islands or Lombok; you can easily walk or get a horse cart to / from your hotel, or in Lombok ask your hotel to organise a car, or we can help with arranging that also.
Here is some information for you on boats and schedules;
SOUTH BALI BOATS
– The Blue Water Express service runs 3 boats with 30 and 50 passenger capacity and they run a twice daily service from Serangan Lagoon, (only 15 mins from Kuta, Seminyak and Sanur ) direct to the beach on Gili Trawangan and Lombok at 8am and 10am and from Padang Bai at 11.15am. They are the the longest operating service with a 100% safety record.
Reservations and more information [click here]
– The Island Getaway operate the 16 metre long fast boat ‘Narooma‘ with a daily service fromSerangan Lagoon in south Bali to Gili Trawangan, they are the only south Bali service to offer an extra drop off / pick up service to / from Gili Air & Gili Meno and Lombok. She is custom built to carry 24 passengers with unique individual comfortable seating, expert friendly service, sun deck and full size western toilet facility.
– The new Super Scoot catamaran operates a 52 seats vessel from Sanur in south Bali and is the only boat to go via Nusa Lembongan, Lombok, Gili Air and Gili Trawangan. With customised seating, a full cabin entertainment system and clean toilet facilities ensures that every crossing is safe, relaxed, efficient, and the most comfortable.
EAST BALI BOATS ( Padang Bai harbour )
– The Gili Gili fast boat service leaves from Padang Bai and is perfect for passengers in Ubud or Candidasa and the very north of Bali going to Lombok and the Gili islands, stopping at Gili Trawangan & Gili Air. The 32 passenger vessel has flat screen TV entertainment & includes hotel pick up & lunch box with face towels.
– The Ocean Star Express provides a reliable daily service from just about anywhere in Bali to Gili Trawangan and Lombok with the shortest possible sea crossing time of 1.5 hours, combining a picturesque road trip to Padang Bai Harbour in the East of Bali. With afternoon departures also available on demand in peak season, light refreshments are also included with the complimentary hotel pick up and drop off service included also. On demand afternoon schedule in high season.
– The Gili Cat Island Express runs a twice daily service from Padang Bai to Gili Trawangan on their fiberglass 30 seats Island Express. Leaving from Padang Bai harbour in East Bali at 09.00am and 14.00pm in high season with a sea journey time of 1.5 hours, it is perfectly suited for travelers from Ubud and all surrounding areas.
INTER ISLAND TRANSPORT
It is very easy to get between the Gili islands with local boat services, you can simply charter one, or get the scheduled island hopper service. Please note Bangsal harbour is closed before 07.00am and 16.30pm.
We can also offer a private airport pick up and drop off service to any of the 3 Gili islands, or private car transfers with driver from any where in Lombok.
More information is on this link – [click here].
SHUTTLE BUS AND PERAMA BOAT TO KOMODO
One of the most popular ways of getting from any where in Bali to the Gilis, (Kuta, Sanur, Ubud, Padang Bai, Candidasa, Amed, Tulamben and Lovina) is with the Perama Shuttle Bus and boat. This service runs every day and leaves Kuta at 10.00am to Padang Bai, where the boat takes you direct to the Gili’s.
Travel time is approximately 8 hours but can take longer.
BY AIR WITH A DOMESTIC FLIGHT
Silk Air fly 4 times a week from Singapore to Lombok’s Seleparang airport in Mataram, Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, journey time is 2 hours 40 minutes. There are daily flights from Jakarta, Surabaya, Jogjakarta and Bali. Flight time from Bali is only 25 minutes and there are currently three airlines operating this route.
LION AIR –Schedules:
Denpasar to Lombok at: 9:10am, 10:55am, 15:45pm, 16:10am & 16:50pm
Lombok to Denpasar at: 7:15am, 10:00am, 11:45am & 17:40pm
Prices from Rp. 375,000 to Rp. 499,000 One/Way [more info]
Garuda Indonesia fly one time a day with a Boeing 737, leaving Bali at 18.35pm and returning from Mataram airport at 19.50pm.
Perfect for weekend breaks and a later departure option to the fast boats.
Prices from Rp. 449,000 to Rp. 519,000 One/Way
Business class Rp719,000One/Way [more info]
AIRPORT TRANSFERS TO / FROM THE GILI ISLANDS
We can also arrange a car and driver to meet you at arrivals and take you the
40 minutes ride either via Monkey Forest road or the spectacular coastal road
to Teluk Nara, a small secluded bay, where our speedboat will take you to any
of the three Gili islands.
For more information on transport to the Gili islands of Trawangan, Meno, Air, and Lombok, please click on this link www.gili-paradise.com
Gili hotels – transport – flights – fast boats – transfers – Perama shuttle bus – information – Paradise Islands Travel – hotels – resorts – bungalows – backpacker hostels – boutique accommodation – beach shacks – villa rentals – villa sales